DCP Midstream Partners, LP (NYSE: DPM) or the “Partnership” today announced that it has entered into an agreement with DCP Midstream, LLC for the contribution of its minority ownership interests in two non-operated Mont Belvieu fractionators for $200 million. As part of the transaction, DCP Midstream, LLC will take approximately 30 percent of the total consideration in common units of the Partnership. The transaction is at an EBITDA multiple in-line with past transactions between DCP Midstream, LLC and the Partnership and is expected to close early in the third quarter.
The minority ownership interests include the following:
1. A 12.5 percent interest in the Enterprise fractionator (“EPC”) which is operated by Enterprise Product Partners (NYSE: EPD). EPD owns a 75 percent interest in EPC and Phillips 66 (NYSE: PSX) owns the remaining 12.5 percent interest.
2. A 20 percent ownership interest in the Mont Belvieu 1 fractionator (“MB1”) which is operated by ONEOK Partners (NYSE: OKS). OKS owns the remaining 80 percent interest in MB1."This immediately accretive dropdown provides us with fee-based margins and an opportunity to continue to diversify our business portfolio by expanding our NGL Logistics segment" said Mark Borer, president and CEO of the Partnership. “The addition of these two strategically located fractionators demonstrates progress on the execution of our co-investment strategy with our general partner. This will bring our announced co-investments for 2012 to over $500 million and will support our previously announced distribution growth target for 2012 of 6 to 8 percent.” DCP Midstream Partners, LP (NYSE: DPM) is a midstream master limited partnership engaged in the business of gathering, compressing, treating, processing, transporting, storing and selling natural gas; producing, fractionating, transporting, storing and selling NGLs and condensate; and transporting, storing and selling propane in wholesale markets. DCP Midstream Partners, LP is managed by its general partner, DCP Midstream GP, LLC, which is wholly owned by DCP Midstream, LLC, a joint venture between Spectra Energy and Phillips 66. For more information, visit the DCP Midstream Partners, LP website at www.dcppartners.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV