Lee Enterprises (LEE) provides local news, information and advertising in midsize markets, with 49 daily newspapers and a joint interest in four others, nearly 300 weekly newspapers and specialty publications in 23 states. This stock is trading up 11% at $1.59 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $1.42-$1.7052-Week Range: $0.49-$1.73 Volume: 1.4 million Three-Month Average Volume: 314,892 From a technical perspective, LEE is skyrocketing here with monster volume. This move has started to push LEE into breakout territory since the stock has moved above some major overhead resistance at $1.54 to $1.56 with heavy volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades once the next major breakout trade triggers for LEE. That trade will hit once LEE takes out some past overheard resistance at $1.73 with high-volume. At last check, LEE has hit an intraday high of $1.70 today and volume is well above its three-month average action. Look for a sustained move or close above $1.70 with volume that's near or above 314,892 shares. If we get that action soon, then LEE could re-test and possibly take out its next significant overhead resistance levels at $2.24 to $2.75 in the near future. To see more stocks under-$10 that are making notable moves higher today, check out the Stocks Under-$10 Moving Higher portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV