School Specialty (SCHS) is an education company serving the pre-kindergarten through twelfth grade market with instructional solutions that address a range of educational needs, from basic school supplies to standards-based curriculum solutions. This stock is trading up 6.8% at $3.12 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $2.93-$3.2252-Week Range: $2.15-$15.84 Volume: 150,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 219,244 From a technical perspective, SCHS is ripping higher here with decent volume right off its 50-day moving average of $2.90. This move is quickly pushing the stock within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade. That trade will hit once SCHS takes out some near-term overhead resistance levels at $3.23 to $3.38 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades once SCHS sustains a move or close above those levels with volume that's near or above 219,244 shares. If we get that action soon, then look for SCHS to continue its uptrend and possibly hit its March high of $4.03 in the near future. Traders should key off of its 50-day moving average of $2.90 for near-term support. I also featured School Specialty earlier this month in "5 Stocks Poised to Pop on Earnings."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV