Alexza Pharmaceuticals (ALXA) is a pharmaceutical company focused on the research, development, and commercialization of products for the acute treatment of central nervous system conditions. This stock is trading up 14.86% to $4.56 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $4.28-$4.9952-Week Range: $2.55-$19.10 Volume: 2.7 million Three-Month Average Volume: 216,325 Shares of ALXA are soaring today after the company said it has resubmitted its application for Adasuve, which is a schizophrenic and bipolar disorder treatment. From a technical perspective, ALXA is gapping up big here back above its 50-day moving average of $4.39 with monster volume. This move is following a large gap-up on Friday that also occurred with monster volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades once ALXA takes out today's high of $4.99 with high-volume. Look for a sustained move or close above $4.99 with volume that's near or above 216,325 shares. If we get that action soon, then ALXA could fill a previous gap-down in price from back in May that took the stock from $6 to under $4. A high-volume move above $4.99 could mean we see $6 or possibly even $7.60. Alexza shows up on a recent list of Hot Biotech Stocks Traded by Hedge Funds.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV