ATLANTA, June 25, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Innotrac Corporation (NASDAQ: INOC), a best-of-breed commerce provider integrating digital technology, fulfillment, and contact center solutions to support global brands, today announced summary results of its latest SmartHub® eCommerce benchmark analysis, which was based on a sampling of orders placed in April of this year.
SmartHub® is Innotrac's research and strategy layer, providing clients and partners with consultative services, including end-to-end intelligence of the online retail purchase cycle. From the pre-order site experience all the way through the final steps of the returns process, Innotrac's 56-point methodology analyzes each important customer touch point, charting retailers on everything from the checkout experience, to evaluation of the packaging material used in shipment.
"Online retailers are faced with a constantly changing landscape," said Marsha Chulick, Vice President of Business Development at Innotrac. "There's been a lot of buzz over the last year around free shipping and free returns. With SmartHub®, we're able to evaluate the trends and give our clients the actual data regarding new policies they may be considering."
SmartHub® evaluated 100 leading U.S. e-retailers across six different product categories in April for its latest report, SmartHub® release 2.1. Among the findings:
- Nearly half of merchants surveyed charged between $6 - $11 for standard shipping, when free shipping offers or promotions did not apply.
- 86.74% of merchants surveyed promised delivery within 8 business days, with the bulk of that mix (68.38%) falling within the 4-7 day range; however, 83.5% of merchants were actually able to deliver within three days.
- Nearly 7 in 10 merchants require the customer to pay upfront for returns, thus putting the onus on the consumer to handle the details themselves despite heightened awareness of returns policies.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV