John B. Sanfilippo & Son, Inc. (Nasdaq: JBSS) (hereinafter “JBSS”) today announced that it has rejoined the small-cap Russell 2000 ® Index, as part of its overall inclusion in the broad-market Russell 3000 ® Index, after Russell Investments reconstituted its comprehensive set of U.S. and global equity indexes on June 22 nd.
Annual reconstitution of Russell’s U.S. indexes captures the 4,000 largest U.S. stocks as of the end of May, ranking them by total market capitalization. Membership in the Russell 3000, which remains in place for one year, means automatic inclusion in the large-cap Russell 1000 ® Index or small-cap Russell 2000 ® Index as well as the appropriate growth and value style indexes. Russell determines membership for its equity indexes primarily by objective, market-capitalization rankings and style attributes.
“It is gratifying to be included again in the Russell indexes," said Michael Valentine, Chief Financial Officer and Group President. “The entire company has been focused on creating value with our own brands and on building sustainable, mutually profitable business with our longstanding customers, both domestically and internationally. Our employees are to be commended for this recognition, and we look forward to the opportunity to broaden interest in JBSS with the investment community.”
Russell indexes are widely used by investment managers and institutional investors for index funds and as benchmarks for both passive and active investment strategies. In the institutional marketplace, an industry-leading $3.9 trillion in assets currently are benchmarked to them.John B. Sanfilippo & Son, Inc. is a processor, packager, marketer and distributor of nut and dried fruit based products that are sold under a variety of private labels and under the Company’s Fisher®, Orchard Valley Harvest TM and Sunshine Country® brand names.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV