HOUSTON, June 25, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- MetroCorp Bancshares, Inc. (NASDAQ: MCBI) today announced that it is set to join the Russell 2000 Index.
Russell Investments (Russell) reconstituted its comprehensive set of U.S. and Global equity index, the annual reconstruction of the Russell 3000 Index includes the 3,000 largest U.S. stocks ranked by market capitalization as of end of May 2012. The top 1,000 companies ranked comprise the Russell 1000 Index and the next 2,000 companies make up the Russell 2000 Index."We are honored to be included in the 2012 Russell 2000 Index, a testimony to the progress we have made over the past few quarters in terms of increasing shareholder value," said George M. Lee, Executive Vice Chairman and CEO. "This inclusion also reflects market confidence in our commitment to the company's strategic business model. As the only Texas based NASDAQ listed Chinese ethnic bank we believe our inclusion in the Russell 2000 will further enhance our brand profile and investors' interest on both sides of the Pacific." MetroCorp Bancshares, Inc. (NASDAQ:MCBI) provides a full range of commercial and consumer banking services through its wholly owned subsidiaries, MetroBank, N.A. and Metro United Bank. The Company has thirteen full-service banking locations in the greater Houston, and Dallas, Texas metropolitan areas, and six full-service banking locations in the greater San Diego, Los Angeles and San Francisco, California metropolitan areas. As of March 31, 2011, the Company had consolidated assets of $1.5 billion. For more information, visit the Company's web site at www.metrobank-na.com. CONTACT: MetroCorp Bancshares, Inc., Houston George M. Lee, Executive Vice Chairman, President and CEO713-776-3876 SOURCE MetroCorp Bancshares, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV