RICHMOND, Va. (AP) â¿¿ Used car dealership chain CarMax Inc. is set to hold its annual shareholder meeting in Virginia.
The Richmond, Va.-based company's gathering is scheduled for Monday afternoon in suburban Richmond.
CarMax runs more than 110 stores in 56 markets that mainly sell used cars and trucks.The company has seen its performance improve as a result of sales increases, cost-cutting efforts and gains from its financing division. But low consumer confidence, tighter lending standards and high unemployment have hindered the industry's recovery. Last week, the company said its fiscal first-quarter net income rose 25 percent as revenue at stores open at least a year rose 6 percent. In the last fiscal year, CarMax saw its net income rise 10 percent and its revenue grow 11 percent.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV