NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Symantec (Nasdaq:SYMC) hit a new 52-week low Monday as it is currently trading at $14.18, below its previous 52-week low of $14.20 with 1.2 million shares traded as of 10:15 a.m. ET. Average volume has been 7.9 million shares over the past 30 days. Symantec has a market cap of $10.4 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. Shares are down 7.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Symantec Corporation provides security, storage, and systems management solutions to various organization and consumers worldwide. It operates in four segments: Consumer, Security and Compliance, Storage and Server Management, and Services. The company has a P/E ratio of 9.2, equal to the average computer software & services industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
Latest Headlines about SYMC
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV