Rating Change #4
Capitol Federal Financial Inc (CFFN) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations, impressive record of earnings per share growth, notable return on equity and compelling growth in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The gross profit margin for CAPITOL FEDERAL FINL INC is rather high; currently it is at 58.30%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 21.60% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 66.47% to $21.77 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, CAPITOL FEDERAL FINL INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -16.12%.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Thrifts & Mortgage Finance industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, CAPITOL FEDERAL FINL INC has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- CAPITOL FEDERAL FINL INC has improved earnings per share by 20.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CAPITOL FEDERAL FINL INC reported lower earnings of $0.23 versus $0.41 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.49 versus $0.23).
- Despite the weak revenue results, CFFN has outperformed against the industry average of 19.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 1.8%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV