NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Unum Group (NYSE:UNM) hit a new 52-week low Monday as it is currently trading at $18.93, below its previous 52-week low of $18.96 with 30,521 shares traded as of 9:35 a.m. ET. Average volume has been 2.8 million shares over the past 30 days. Unum Group has a market cap of $5.48 billion and is part of the financial sector and insurance industry. Shares are down 8.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Unum Group, together with its subsidiaries, provides group and individual disability insurance products primarily in the United States and the United Kingdom. The company has a P/E ratio of 24, equal to the average insurance industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
Latest Headlines about UNM
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV