SKECHERS USA, Inc. (NYSE: SKX), a global leader in the footwear industry, today announced that its groundbreaking Skechers GOrun performance footwear received Most Innovative accolades from two major running magazines. The “2012 Spring Shoe Review” in the April issue of Competitor named Skechers GOrun the Editor’s Pick for Most Innovative new running shoe. And the May/June issue of Women’s Running declared Skechers GOrun a “Most Innovative Award Winner.”
“After investing three years of research and development into Skechers GOrun, we’re honored that the serious running community is recognizing the design of our first performance shoe as pioneering in this technical and elite world,” began Michael Greenberg, president of SKECHERS. “In the months ahead, our new Skechers Performance Division will leverage these innovations as a foundation for an expanded collection of products that will meet the needs of athletes at various skill and ability levels across multiple sports and activities.”
Skechers GOrun is the official shoe of America’s top marathon runner, Meb Keflezighi. Meb wore the shoes when setting new personal records as the first American to cross the finish line in the 2011 NYC Marathon and when winning the 2012 Houston Trials. Meb will once again be wearing Skechers GOrun footwear when he represents the United States on the world’s biggest stage in London this summer.
SKECHERS is building on its success in minimal running with launches this summer of Skechers GOrun Ride – a running line with enhanced cushioning, Skechers GOtrain – a workout shoe built for added stability and control, and Skechers GObionic – a zero-drop ultra-minimal running shoe. With these new lines, the Skechers Performance Division will equip athletes from the track to the gym, with additional categories planned for the trail and golf course.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV