Mercury Insurance Group ([Mercury] Mercury General Corp) (NYSE: MCY), a multi-line insurer, and Guidewire Software, Inc. (NYSE: GWRE), a provider of flexible, core system software to property/casualty insurers, today announced that Mercury has deployed Guidewire InsuranceSuite™ as its new underwriting, policy administration, billing and claims platform beginning with two key lines of business in several selected states.
Mercury selected InsuranceSuite to increase business agility and help the company expand its market footprint, beginning with its homeowner’s line of business in new and existing states. InsuranceSuite will also allow Mercury to further simplify the way in which it does business with agents and customers, including support for flexible payment plan options. Mercury is now in production with InsuranceSuite for its homeowner’s line of business in six states and for commercial auto in five states. Currently there are approximately 4,000 agents and 1,000 in-house users live on InsuranceSuite.
“We believe we will make the most of our investment by implementing a packaged set of solutions from one vendor,” said Allan Lubitz, senior vice president and chief information officer, Mercury. “We felt Guidewire’s PolicyCenter, BillingCenter, and ClaimCenter, were very strong as individual offerings, but together they would provide even more benefits, such as greater flexibility for business expansion and a simplified maintenance process.”
“From additional operational efficiencies to quicker, paperless transactions, we are excited about the opportunities Guidewire InsuranceSuite provides Mercury,” continued Lubitz. “Due to the capabilities InsuranceSuite offers, we now can do business anytime, anywhere.”InsuranceSuite is enabling Mercury to:
- Expand business to new states and lines of business consistently and efficiently;
- Make product and rate changes quickly to increase responsiveness to the market;
- Increase underwriting and claims accuracy and efficiency through straight-through processing, automated work assignment and task management;
- More easily manage regulatory compliance; and
- Provide high levels of service to customers and agents.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV