(NYSE: DWRE), a leader in on-demand ecommerce, today announced that
, a popular chain of Canadian retail stores serving more than 45 million customers each year, has selected Demandware to power its digital commerce strategy, starting with the relaunch of its Canadian ecommerce site. London Drugs will leverage Demandware’s multichannel commerce solution to integrate its web, mobile and in-store channels and extend the superior in-store shopping experience London Drugs is best known for across all digital channels.
Founded in 1945, London Drugs has stores in more than 35 major markets throughout British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba. In addition to pharmaceuticals, London Drugs sells electronics, computers, cameras, housewares, apparel, cosmetics and a limited selection of grocery items. The company is completely committed to customer satisfaction and providing customers with a superior shopping experience.
“London Drugs is dedicated to providing a superior shopping experience to customers every time they shop with us, whether it’s in one of our 75 physical stores or online,” said Clint Mahlman, London Drugs chief operating officer and senior vice president. “We look forward to welcoming our customers to the new Demandware-powered London Drugs revitalized online store, where they will experience improved navigation and functionality, and the ability to easily find and purchase an exciting array of products across multiple digital channels.”
London Drugs is focused on growth and innovation and strives to become a “go-to” website for Canadian customers. To achieve its goals, the retailer required a new platform that would enable customers to easily search and purchase goods across multiple digital touch points, including web, mobile phones and tablets, while also driving traffic to its physical locations throughout Western Canada.
London Drugs is replacing its legacy software platform with cloud-based Demandware Commerce because it provides the following benefits and capabilities:
- A central commerce platform for developing and managing multiple branded sites across channels, including web, mobile and social
- The ability to deliver an exceptional online user experience and customer service that is on par with its superior in-store experience and service
- Powerful commerce applications that empower all users, including merchandisers, marketers, developers, designers, and operations, customer service and fulfillment teams
- New features made available continually through automatic global releases
- A scalable and secure commerce cloud infrastructure with state-of-the-art data centers, PCI compliance and industry-leading performance and uptime, readily available for London Drugs to plug into
“The London Drugs brand is synonymous with the impeccable customer service they provide throughout its stores. With Demandware, it can now extend that same outstanding brand experience to its customers across all digital commerce channels no matter where and when they shop. We’re delighted to have been chosen by London Drugs and look forward to working with them on their multichannel initiatives,” said Jamus Driscoll, senior VP of marketing for Demandware.