Demandware®, Inc. (NYSE: DWRE), a leader in on-demand ecommerce, today announced that London Drugs, a popular chain of Canadian retail stores serving more than 45 million customers each year, has selected Demandware to power its digital commerce strategy, starting with the relaunch of its Canadian ecommerce site. London Drugs will leverage Demandware’s multichannel commerce solution to integrate its web, mobile and in-store channels and extend the superior in-store shopping experience London Drugs is best known for across all digital channels.
Founded in 1945, London Drugs has stores in more than 35 major markets throughout British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba. In addition to pharmaceuticals, London Drugs sells electronics, computers, cameras, housewares, apparel, cosmetics and a limited selection of grocery items. The company is completely committed to customer satisfaction and providing customers with a superior shopping experience.
“London Drugs is dedicated to providing a superior shopping experience to customers every time they shop with us, whether it’s in one of our 75 physical stores or online,” said Clint Mahlman, London Drugs chief operating officer and senior vice president. “We look forward to welcoming our customers to the new Demandware-powered London Drugs revitalized online store, where they will experience improved navigation and functionality, and the ability to easily find and purchase an exciting array of products across multiple digital channels.”
London Drugs is focused on growth and innovation and strives to become a “go-to” website for Canadian customers. To achieve its goals, the retailer required a new platform that would enable customers to easily search and purchase goods across multiple digital touch points, including web, mobile phones and tablets, while also driving traffic to its physical locations throughout Western Canada.London Drugs is replacing its legacy software platform with cloud-based Demandware Commerce because it provides the following benefits and capabilities:
- A central commerce platform for developing and managing multiple branded sites across channels, including web, mobile and social
- The ability to deliver an exceptional online user experience and customer service that is on par with its superior in-store experience and service
- Powerful commerce applications that empower all users, including merchandisers, marketers, developers, designers, and operations, customer service and fulfillment teams
- New features made available continually through automatic global releases
- A scalable and secure commerce cloud infrastructure with state-of-the-art data centers, PCI compliance and industry-leading performance and uptime, readily available for London Drugs to plug into
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV