Boingo Wireless (NASDAQ:WIFI), the Wi-Fi industry’s leading provider of software and services worldwide, announced today that Google Offers is sponsoring free Wi-Fi across New York City. Big Apple visitors and New York straphangers on the go can stay productive, update their status and surf online while avoiding data overage charges and network congestion via Boingo’s Wi-Fi networks from June 25 through September 7, 2012.
Starting today, people can access Wi-Fi hotspots for free in select New York City subway stations and at Boingo hotzones across Manhattan, courtesy of Google Offers—the Google service that delivers great deals at the best places to eat, shop and play in New York City and 39 other cities across the U.S.
“Since launching Google Offers in NYC a year ago, we’ve worked with hundreds of local businesses to bring great, personalized deals to New Yorkers who want to make the most of their city, ” said Cliff Hopkins, director of marketing, Google Offers. “We’re excited to bring free Wi-Fi to subway stations and Boingo hotzones in Manhattan. People can surf the Internet, or discover great local deals from Google Offers, while they’re waiting at the subway platform or enjoying summer in the Big Apple.”
“Google Offers and Boingo want to help New Yorkers get to the fun part faster, whether that is an amazing deal on dinner and a movie, or a quality Wi-Fi connection to their email or the latest viral video,” said Dawn Callahan, vice president of consumer marketing for Boingo Wireless. “Free Wi-Fi sponsored by Google Offers makes it easy for everyone to get their Internet on this summer via Boingo’s network across Manhattan.”“We’re glad our riders will be able to access free Wi-Fi this summer in six subway stations to stay connected while they’re underground,” said MTA director of strategic initiatives Jerome Page. “Reliable Wi-Fi is an important benefit for straphangers in New York City subway stations.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV