ROLLING MEADOWS, Ill., June 25, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Danish Ministry of Defence announced that it has selected Northrop Grumman's LITENING G4 targeting system for its F-16 fighter aircraft.
Under the terms of the contract with the Danish Defence Acquisition and Logistics Organization, Northrop Grumman will supply LITENING G4 pods, data links, spares, support equipment, training and associated logistics support to the Royal Danish Air Force. Deliveries will begin in August 2013.
"This award, following a rigorous competitive selection process, is yet another vote of confidence from the international aviation community in the advanced technology of the LITENING G4 targeting system," said Jim Mocarski, vice president of Northrop Grumman's electro-optical/infrared business unit.
With this contract award, Denmark joins the United States, Australia, the Netherlands, Finland, Italy, Portugal, Spain and Israel as users of the Northrop Grumman LITENING family of targeting pods.The LITENING G4 Advanced Targeting Pod delivers the latest advancements in sensor, laser imaging and data link technology. The G4's technologies include true 1Kx1K forward-looking infrared and charge-coupled device sensors, short wave infrared laser imaging sensor, color symbology, tracker improvements and enhanced zoom. These advancements deliver more accurate target identification and location at longer ranges than previous generations of LITENING targeting pod systems while reducing pilot workload. Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems, and technical services to government and commercial customers worldwide. Please visit www.northropgrumman.com for more information. SOURCE Northrop Grumman Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV