USA Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: USAT) (“USAT” or the “Company”), a leader of wireless, cashless payment and M2M telemetry solutions for self-serve, small-ticket retailing industries, today announced the following preliminary results for the fourth quarter ending June 30, 2012.
- Total revenues for the fourth quarter are expected to be approximately $8.0 million—a USAT record—versus $6.9 million for the same period in the prior year.
- License and transaction fees are expected to be approximately $6.4 million for the fourth quarter, representing an increase of approximately 27% from the fourth quarter of fiscal 2011.
- Recurring revenues are expected to represent approximately 80% of total anticipated revenues for the fourth quarter, compared to 73% for the same period last year.
- Recurring revenues are license and transaction fees earned through USAT’s ePort Connect® service. License and transaction fees continue to increase as a result of USAT’s successful initiatives aimed to grow new connections and new customers for its turnkey telemetry, machine-to-machine ("M2M") and cashless payment services designed for the small-ticket, unattended retail market. With minimal customer churn to date, and by focusing on a high-margin service model, these monthly revenues provide a foundation for profitability and long-term value creation.
Connections and Customers
- New connections, which contribute to future recurring revenues, are expected to be approximately 15,000 for the June quarter, representing a 114% increase over the same period a year ago.
- USAT’s total ePort Connect service base now stands at approximately 163,000, a 37% increase from one year ago. The growth in connections is primarily attributable to USAT’s JumpStart program, expansion into vertical markets such as kiosk, and continued demand for cashless payment solutions to meet consumer’s demand for non-cash options.
- The list of new ePort Connect customers is also expected to lengthen in the quarter—by 400 new customers. This would bring total customers to approximately 3,225 at June 30, 2012, a 67% increase from one year ago.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts