Shares of Comerica (CMA) of Dallas closed at $30.28 Friday, returning 18% year-to-date, following a 38% decline during 2011.
Based on a 15-cent quarterly payout, the shares have a dividend yield of 1.98%.
The shares trade for 0.9 times their reported March 31 tangible common equity per share of common stock of $32.06, and for 11 times the consensus 2013 earnings estimate of $2.71. The consensus 2012 EPS estimate is $2.51.Wunderlich Securities analyst Kevin Reynolds on June 18 reiterated his "Buy" rating for Comerica, with a $37 price target, saying that "negative psychology toward the banking sector has outweighed this strong fundamental story," and that the company "has one of the strongest balance sheets of any regional bank in the U.S., and its shares trade at a modest, but in our view unwarranted, discount to its regional bank peers." According to Thomson Reuters Bank Insight, Comerica's first-quarter operating return on average assets improved to 0.84%, from 0.68% in the fourth quarter and 0.77% during the first quarter of 2011. Reynolds's price target is "just 1.1 times
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV