Gaylord Entertainment Co Stock Upgraded (GET)
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- GAYLORD ENTERTAINMENT CO reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, GAYLORD ENTERTAINMENT CO turned its bottom line around by earning $0.20 versus -$1.94 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.79 versus $0.20).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry. The net income increased by 408.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$1.96 million to $6.03 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 8.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 8.2%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 274.41% to $13.92 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, GAYLORD ENTERTAINMENT CO has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 8.36%.
- 43.50% is the gross profit margin for GAYLORD ENTERTAINMENT CO which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, GET's net profit margin of 2.50% significantly trails the industry average.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts