9. Baltimore, Md.
Walk Score: 64
Transit Score: 57
Just turn off that episode of The Wire for a second and hear us out. Baltimore doesn't have a whole lot of neighborhoods that fit the bill, but if you follow the 100 line northwest of the Inner Harbor there are some gems. South and west of Johns Hopkins University near Druid Hill Park has great rail access, lots of grocery stores and other amenities and tons of ZipCar access courtesy of the surrounding universities. Mid-Town, Belvedere, Mount Vernon, Federal Hill and much of the area around the harbor are right near both everyday items and entertainment that doesn't require much driving out of local residents. Catch an O's game, grab a Loose Cannon and enjoy the view.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV