10. Portland, Ore.
Walk Score: 66.3
Transit Score: 50
The near-ubiquity of buses everywhere but the fringe outer neighborhoods makes Portland a pretty easy place to move without a car, but the rail-laden neighborhoods in the city's center are the strongest argument for ditching the wheels. Neighborhoods such as the Pearl, Downtown and University Heights within the Free Rail Zone get free streetcar service throughout the city's core. That puts movies, restaurants, supermarkets and even Powell's Books within striking distance without having to pay a dime. The Max light rail line isn't free, but it extends rail reach a bit farther into the Northwest, Goose Hollow, Buckman, the Lloyd District, Hollywood and much of the North along Interstate 5.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV