NEW YORK, June 22, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Faruqi & Faruqi, LLP, a leading national securities law firm, is investigating potential securities fraud at THQ Inc. ("THQ" or the "Company") (Nasdaq: THQI).
The investigation focuses on whether the Company and its executives violated federal securities laws by failing to disclose that: (1) uDraw for the Microsoft Xbox 360 and Sony PlayStation 3 was not being purchased by owners of those gaming systems as expected; (2) because demand for the Company's uDraw GameTablet ("uDraw") was below internal expectations, the Company would have to take back, or provide price protection, on hundreds of thousands of uDraw units that it had sold; and (3) as a result of the foregoing, defendants lacked a reasonable basis for their positive statements about the Company and its prospects.On December 7, 2011, THQ issued a press release updating its financial outlook for the third quarter of 2012. The press release disclosed that the Company expected to report net sales approximately 25% below its previously announced guidance of $510 million to $550 million, due to "weaker-than-expected initial sales of its uDraw GameTablet for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3." Furthermore, on February 2, 2012, THQ issued a press release announcing financial results for the third quarter of 2012 that showed the Company was performing well below expectations. For the quarter, the Company reported net sales of $404.4 million, and a net loss of $55.9 million, or $0.82 per diluted share. On this news, shares of THQ stock fell $0.23 per share, or 30%, to close on February 3, 2012 at just $0.53 per share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV