AIRPORT CITY, Israel, June 22, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- SodaStream International, Ltd. (NASDAQ:SODA) today announced that its CEO, Daniel Birnbaum, had the following to say in regards to Coca-Cola's threatened lawsuit:
Further to recent reports of the cease and desist order issued to us by Coca-Cola in response to our Cage Exhibit in South Africa, we stand firm in our intention not to comply. We have more than 30 such exhibits around the world, which contain bottles, and cans collected from local garbage dumps and they serve to communicate a loud and clear message about waste generated by packaged beverages. If Coca-Cola claims to still own these bottles, then they should clean up their own garbage. Approximately 1 billion bottles and cans end up in our parks, rivers, oceans and garbage dumps every day worldwide---almost 400 million in America alone. Coke will not silence us with threatening letters.
We will be exhibiting the Cage in Atlanta's Centennial Park today and tomorrow ( Friday June 22nd, Saturday June 23rd) to show the citizens of Atlanta what the Coca-Cola executives do not want them, or the world, to see.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV