STAMFORD, Conn. (AP) â¿¿ Freepoint Commodities LLC, a Connecticut-based commodity trading company, said Friday that it has completed its acquisition of J.P. Morgan Metals Concentrates LLC, a merchant of base metal concentrates and copper cathodes.
Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
The transaction was completed on June 1 and the business now operates as Freepoint Metals & Concentrates LLC. Freeport said that the deal is part of its vision to build its business around experienced professionals with physical commodity merchant expertise.
Freepoint, based in Stamford, Conn., was founded in 2011 by former Sempra Energy Trading executives. It also has offices in Denver, Houston, Louisville, Ky., Boise, Idaho; London, Toronto, and Zug, Switzerland.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV