STAMFORD, Conn. (AP) Freepoint Commodities LLC, a Connecticut-based commodity trading company, said Friday that it has completed its acquisition of J.P. Morgan Metals Concentrates LLC, a merchant of base metal concentrates and copper cathodes.
Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
The transaction was completed on June 1 and the business now operates as Freepoint Metals & Concentrates LLC. Freeport said that the deal is part of its vision to build its business around experienced professionals with physical commodity merchant expertise.
Freepoint, based in Stamford, Conn., was founded in 2011 by former Sempra Energy Trading executives. It also has offices in Denver, Houston, Louisville, Ky., Boise, Idaho; London, Toronto, and Zug, Switzerland.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV