Frankly, if exclusive or special content pacts form a key part of iTV's foundation, this thing could end up being little more than a $2,500 glorified extension of the iTunes platform. After schooling the music industry, Apple rarely operates from a position of anything other than strength. That's not the case here. The Hollywood and Manhattan sports and entertainment establishments watched the music industry change. They're not about to let the same thing happen in television, particularly because of a device that has a good chance of being a relative flop.
Dividend Payers With Leverage Over Apple
When I invest in dividend stocks, I pay little attention to yield. In fact, I rarely look at it. As long as a company continues to increase its dividend, I prefer a decreasing yield. That just tells me the stock price has gone up.
And I want to look at companies that have leverage over the Apples of the world. Big media has what Apple and so many others need -- content. Because of this, rumors of television's demise are premature.
Content companies will not see any damage whatsoever to their bottom lines if they do not cooperate with Apple. They can, however, enhance it by ripping Apple off like they do Netflix. There's no reason to give premium content away, however, when you can monetize it through existing and even more lucrative channels.Search my article history. You find bull cases for several companies, including dividend payers Time Warner (TWX), Rogers Communications (RCI) and BCE (BCE). Two others provide equally as attractive long-term opportunity. breaks its business down into five segments:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV