With the dust slowly starting to settle on the company's underwhelming IPO last month, shares of the Menlo Park, Calif.-based firm have risen more than 12% in the last five days.
Facebook shares rose 0.76% on Thursday after Nomura initiated coverage of Facebook with a buy rating and a $40 price target. "We believe that Facebook's industry-leading reach, engaged user base, and comprehensive user dataset will enable the company to continue to grow and take share in the display market," explained Nomura analyst Brian Nowak, in a note.
Argus also initiated coverage of Facebook on Thursday, rating shares at hold.The stock was one of the most active issues in the pre-market session with volume reaching 138,499. Electronic Arts (EA), however, was a big loser before market open on Friday after Citi downgraded the video game specialist to neutral from buy. Citi cited weaker-than-anticipated revenue from the Star Wars online multiplayer game and disappointing traction in social/mobile, according to CNBC. Shares of EA slipped 2.08% to $11.75 on Friday. Zynga (ZNGA) was a big winner in pre-market trading, gaining 3.15% to reach $5.90. Shares of the key Facebook partner slipped 2.89% on Thursday. Micron Technology (MU) shares, however, dipped 0.44% to $5.62 before market open. The semiconductor specialist's stock sank 7.76% on Thursday as investors responded to the company's third-quarter results earlier this week. The Boise, Idaho-based firm reported a worse-than-anticipated quarterly loss after market close on Wednesday amid declining margins in its NAND Flash products. --Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com. Check out our new tech blog, Tech Trends. Follow TheStreet Tech on your wireless devices.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV