5 Best Housing Markets for the Next Five Years
Third-best market: Los Altos, Calif.
Expected five-year price gain:15.5%
This affluent community of 28,000 people is in the heart of Silicon Valley, just up the road from Apple (AAPL) and other high-tech firms.
In fact, Los Altos' current or former residents have included late Apple co-founder Steve Jobs, Yahoo! (YHOO) co-founder Jerry Yang and other tech titans.Colpitts said that group should drive Los Altos' home prices higher and higher over the next five years. "More millionaires are busting out [in Silicon Valley] than anywhere else in the United States -- and the majority of buyers are paying cash for homes," he says. If you're looking to move to Los Altos, there are 135 properties listed for sale there on Realtor.com. Prices range from $340,000 for a one-bedroom condo to $13 million for a 4-acre estate.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV