However, since then Piper Jaffray noticed that unique visitors began to slow and the firm began worrying about the company's European exposure. After a huge run up in the stock, the firm now feels that Expedia is worrisome.
Stifel Nicolaus analysts, on the other hand, are still bullish on Expedia and are not worried about Europe. The firm cited continued payoffs from the company's technology upgrades as reasons to continue to own the stock.
Cramer said after hearing both arguments, he's siding with the more cautious Piper Jaffray and is adding Expedia to his Sell Block. Cramer once again reminded viewers that price matters when it comes to buying stocks, and with Europe still a major concern for the travel industry Expedia cannot justify its share price.
"There will be a better chance to buy this one at a lower price," Cramer concluded.
Gone FishingIs it time to go bottom fishing for some of the most beaten-down industrial stocks? Cramer said when it comes to Eaton (ETN), a stock that's down 29%, the answer is decidedly "yes." Shares of Eaton now sport a 4% dividend yield, said Cramer, a level that has historically been a great time to buy. Back in 2008, during the depths of the recession, Eaton shares were able to hold at the 4% level and Cramer said they're likely to do it again given that the company just recently boosted its dividend once more. But there are lots of reasons to like Eaton other than valuation. Cramer said the company's planned acquisition of Cooper Industries (CBE) will be transformative, creating over $375 million a year in synergies and turning Eaton into primarily an electrical equipment player with 59% of sales stemming from that industry. The combined Eaton will also have more exposure to higher-margin products and faster-growing emerging markets.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV