New Dividend: 27.5 cents quarterly (per share)
Dividend Percent Increase: 22.2%Current Yield: 3.77% The 22.2% dividend hike over at Walgreen (WAG) shouldn't have come as a complete surprise -- the stock was one of "5 Household-Name Stocks Ready to Boost Dividends" that I talked about on Monday, a day before the company announced the move. Walgreen's payout increase marks the 37th straight year of dividend hikes for the firm, a streak that management is doesn't want to break. That's not to say that WAG has been a great performer this year -- a series of missteps have taken some of the shine off of the pharmacy chain. That said, investors could do worse searching out high-yield retail names in this market. To see these dividend plays in action, check out the Dividend Stocks for the Week portfolio on Stockpickr. And if you haven't already done so, join Stockpickr today to create your own dividend portfolio. -- Written by Jonas Elmerraji in Baltimore.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV