RIM's Earnings: Get Ready for a Snoozefest This Time
And now, next Thursday, RIM reports earnings.
For the first time in over a year, I might not even listen to the call live. For as bad as he was, at least Balsillie kept me awake during that mid-afternoon space where I feel like taking a nap ahead of Spinning class. Now, from the supposedly "new" RIM, we no longer receive guidance and we get a snoozefest of a conference call from the less-than-dynamic Thorsten Heins.
The few remaining RIM permabulls will go into attack mode this week. They always do ahead of earnings.
I have to ask: No matter what happens on this call -- even if there's upside -- how can RIM bulls, Canadians, anybody with a heart and soul get angry at RIM bears? As RIM continues to cut staff by the thousands, Balsillie and Lazaridis receive money neither of them need. That's where investors should direct any and all outrage.Even if Balsillie uses all of his spare time and fresh millions to bring the NHL to southern Ontario, Canadians should never forget the whole ugly episode he narrated at RIM. The Canadian government should stand up and demand answers about what happened. Hopefully they can get them without lopsided securities regulations providing a safety net to the folks least likely to need what amounts to financial protection. Follow @RoccoPendola
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV