AmeriGas Partners (APU) pushed the Utilities sector higher today making it today's featured utilities winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.2%. By the end of trading, AmeriGas Partners rose 31 cents (0.8%) to $40.01 on light volume. Throughout the day, 97,263 shares of AmeriGas Partners exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 216,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $39.63-$40.26 after having opened the day at $39.69 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $39.70. Other companies within the Utilities sector that increased today were: Niska Gas Storage Partners (NKA), up 9.8%, Delta Natural Gas Company (DGAS), up 4.1%, and Transportadora de Gas del Sur (TGS), up 3%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full AmeriGas Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about APU
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV