Quicksilver Resources Inc. (KWK): Today's Featured Energy Winner
Quicksilver Resources (KWK) pushed the Energy industry higher today making it today's featured energy winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 4.1%. By the end of trading, Quicksilver Resources rose 6 cents (1.6%) to $3.80 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 6.8 million shares of Quicksilver Resources exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.5 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $3.61-$3.96 after having opened the day at $3.74 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $3.74. Other companies within the Energy industry that increased today were: Tri-Valley Corporation (TIV), up 11.2%, HKN (HKN), up 4.4%, WSP Holdings (WH), up 3%, and Gasco Energy (GSX), up 2.6%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Quicksilver Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV