MILLBURN, N.J. (Stockpickr) -- For the third consecutive summer, the global markets are reeling from the sovereign and banking debt crisis in Europe. This condition is exacerbated by the resultant ineptitude of its leaders to develop a swift, united and effective resolution.
As a result, assets are leaving the eurozone and seeking a safe haven in the U.S. The euro currency is being sold in favor of the U.S. dollar.
But there are secondary effects to domestic U.S. companies that we must consider. Many of these companies have significant operations overseas. The weaker economy is impeding sales and earnings in Europe, and the stronger U.S. dollar is further lessening the benefit from European operations.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV