To some it might seem extreme, but when you're an executive of a company that sells only flip-flops and sandals, it's part of the job. And while Curin says he's worn all his pairs at least once, he's got three that are his favorites.
Flip Flop Shops has been franchising since 2008 but is still in its "infancy," Curin says. The potential for the franchise is large as the shoes gain acceptance as year-round fashionable items, not just as summer gear.
It's not just what the store sells, but the way it sells it -- essentially by selling the idea of a casual surfer-dude lifestyle that appeals to customers and therefore to franchisees. Along the walls of any Flip Flop Shop are brands such as Quiksilver (ZQK) and its women's line Roxy, Reef, OluKai, O'Neill, Oakley, Vans and others representative of alternative apparel for sports such as surfing, skateboarding and snowboarding."The biggest piece is to make sure we got the right shop owners. It's very easy to find
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV