PANAMA CITY, June 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Copa Airlines, subsidiary of Copa Holdings S.A. [NYSE: CPA], today officially joined Star Alliance, the largest and most important global airline network.
Copa Airlines' entry into Star Alliance provides its passengers access to 64 destinations throughout the Americas and the Caribbean through its Hub of the Americas, Latin America's premier hub, increasing travel options and connectivity.
"Joining Star Alliance is an accomplishment for our company. We are proud to become part of the largest and most prestigious global airline network and to draw the world's attention to the Isthmus of Panama," said Copa Airlines CEO Pedro Heilbron. "In addition, Copa will provide frequent flyers around the world with more benefits and travel options throughout the Latin American region, making it easier for them to connect through Tocumen Airport and visit our country."
"The Copa Airlines family is pleased to take this strategic step, which provides our passengers yet another guarantee of world-class service and operations," added Heilbron."On behalf of the Star Alliance Chief Executive Board, it gives me great pleasure to welcome Copa Airlines to the Star Alliance family. The addition of this quality aviation group strengthens our presence in the rapidly growing Latin American market," Mark Schwab, CEO Star Alliance said. Through Star Alliance, Copa Airlines passengers have access to more than 1,356 destinations in 193 countries, with more than 21,500 daily flights and 990 VIP lounges, and a prime travel experience. Frequent-flyer benefits on Star Alliance airlines include faster and easier connections, the ability to earn and redeem miles across airlines, the possibility of upgrades, access to VIP lounges worldwide, and enjoyment of Copa Airlines' first-rate travel experience.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV