WARRINGTON, Pa., June 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Discovery Laboratories, Inc. (NASDAQ: DSCO), a biotechnology company dedicated to establishing a new standard in respiratory critical care, today announced that the company will be added to the Russell 2000® and Russell Global® Indexes when Russell Investments reconstitutes its comprehensive set of U.S. and global equity indexes at the market close on June 22, 2012, this according to a preliminary list of new additions to the indexes from Russell. Russell Indexes are widely used by investment managers and institutional investors for index funds and as benchmarks for both passive and active investment strategies. An industry-leading $3.9 trillion in institutional assets currently are benchmarked to them.
"This year has marked a significant turning point for our company and inclusion in the Russell 2000 and Russell Global Indexes is a testament to the progress we continue to make," said W. Thomas Amick, Chief Executive Officer at Discovery Labs, "It is known that institutional investors rely on the Russell Indexes for true market representation and our inclusion in these indexes will help us gain more visibility with that important audience."
The Russell 2000 Index measures the performance of the small-cap segment of the U.S. equity universe. The Russell 2000 is a subset of the Russell 3000® Index representing approximately 10% of the total market capitalization of that index. The Russell 2000 Index is constructed to provide a comprehensive and unbiased small-cap barometer and is completely reconstituted annually to ensure larger stocks do not distort the performance and characteristics of the true small-cap opportunity set. Membership in the Russell 2000 also means automatic inclusion in the appropriate growth and value style indexes.
The Russell Global Index measures the performance of the global equity market based on all investable equity securities.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV