Now from a growth perspective, this was our ninth consecutive quarter of organic revenue growth on an Inc. or enterprise basis. And in the Americas segment, we've seen 7 straight quarters of double-digit growth. There is definitely growth from the directions set by our strategies and the operating income margin in the America, illustrates the power of our transformed business model and what we would say, is a diverse revenue base.
Now our first quarter call always comes on the heels of our trade show in Chicago called NeoCon. So it tends to be a focus of my comments. And this year, I thought the highlights of this show for our company, aligned especially well with the aspects of the strategy that I just mentioned. Let me point out 3 of those connections. First, is the response to a key vertical market for us in the education segment. Our education solutions team, which has just gotten started a few years ago, had a dedicated space in NeoCon this year, which is indicative of the ideas growing in the products now dedicated to this segment. Our research into what we're calling active learning translated this year into a new product portfolio called Verb. It's a table-based system that supports a variety of teaching and learning styles, and it pairs very well with that very successful node chair, that we introduced earlier. This product, Verb, won a Best of NeoCon Award, and it was one of 5 earned this year by our brands. Now this was initially targeted for the higher education market, but we think it can appeal and extend to high schools and certain corporate environments as well.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV