BioMimetic Therapeutics (BMTI) is a biotechnology company. The company develops and commercializes products to promote the healing of musculoskeletal injuries and diseases, including orthopedic, sports medicine and spine applications. This stock is trading up 8.8% at $2.94 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $2.65-$3.1552-Week Range: $1.87-$5.59 Volume: 242,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 151,214 >>5 Stocks Under $10 Set to Soar From a technical perspective, BMTI is skyrocketing here back above its 200-day moving average of $2.66 with heavy volume. This move has now triggered a near-term breakout trade above $2.69 to $2.78, and this stock is flirting with an even bigger breakout trade. That bigger trade will hit once BMTI takes out some past overhead resistance at $3.01 to $3.20 with high-volume. At last check, shares of BMTI have hit an intraday high of $3.15, but it has since pulled back to its current price just under $3. Traders should now look for long-biased trades if BMTI can sustain a move or close above $3.01 to $3.20 with volume that's near or above 151,214 shares. If we get that action today or soon, look for BMTI to re-test and possibly take out its next significant overhead resistance levels at $3.75 to $4.20.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV