MannKind (MNKD) is a development-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of therapeutic products for diseases such as diabetes and cancer. This stock is trading up 9.5% to $2.19 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $2.04-$2.2552-Week Range: $1.57-$4.30 Volume: 3 million Three-Month Average Volume: 1.4 million >>22 Biopharma Stocks With Breakout Potential in 2012 From a technical perspective, MNKD is following through with some momentum buying today, after the stock took out its 50-day moving average of $1.94 on Wednesday. This move today is coming with above average volume, and is quickly pushing MNKD within range of a near-term breakout trade. Traders should now look for long-biased trades if MNKD can manage to take out some near-term overhead resistance at $2.35 to $2.59 with high-volume. Look for a sustained move or close above those levels with volume that's near or above 1.4 million shares. If we get that action soon, then MNKD easily re-test and possibly take out its January high of $3.48. Traders should now key off the $2 level for near-term support that needs to hold up for this stock to have a chance at breaking out soon.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV