NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Forest Oil (NYSE:FST) hit a new 52-week low Thursday as it is currently trading at $6.57, below its previous 52-week low of $6.60 with 2.2 million shares traded as of 12:15 p.m. ET. Average volume has been 3.8 million shares over the past 30 days. Forest Oil has a market cap of $829.1 million and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. Shares are down 48% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Forest Oil Corporation, an independent oil and gas company, engages in the acquisition, exploration, development, and production of oil, natural gas, and natural gas liquids in the United States. The company has a P/E ratio of 10.8, above the average energy industry P/E ratio of 7.6 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
Latest Headlines about FST
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV