MGT Capital Investments
An under-$10 name in the technology complex that's trading very close to triggering a major breakout is MGT Capital Investments (MGT), which, together with its subsidiaries, operates as a medical technology company focusing on medical imaging software development and medical hardware devices.
If you take a look at the chart for MDT Capital Investments, you'll see that this stock has been uptreending very strong late-March, since this stock has skyrocketed from a low of $1.31 to a recent high of $6.50 a share. During that monster move to the upside, shares of MGT have consistently made higher lows and higher highs, which is bullish technical price action. This stock also just started to trigger a near-term breakout trade Wednesday once it took out some resistance at $4.98 with heavy volume. That move is now pushing MGT within range of triggering another major breakout trade.
Market players should now look for long-biased trades in MGT if it can manage to trigger a break out above some near-term overhead resistance at $6.45 to $6.50 a share with high volume. Look for volume off a sustained move or close above those levels that hits near or above its three-month average action of 42,402 shares. If we get that action soon, then MGT could easily be on its way towards $10 to $13 a share.I would look to buy MGT off any weakness and simply use a stop right around Wednesday's low of $4.05 a share. You could also just buy off strength as long as MGT is trending above $4.98 a share, and then add once it takes out $6.45 to $6.50 a share with high volume. Simply use a stop that's a few percentage points below $4.98 if you buy off strength. To see more hot under-$10 equities, check out the Stocks Under-$10 Setting Up to Explode portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV