NEW YORK, June 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Grandparents.com, Inc. (OTCBB: GPCM) (the "Company") today provided an "Interim Company Update" to its shareholders summarizing the Company's accomplishments since the Company acquired the Grandparents.com URL and website operations in February 2012.
The Company reported that its website now has approximately 725,000 members, representing a nearly 100% increase since the Company initiated a membership marketing program in mid-March. The Company also announced that it believes it will be well ahead of its goal of attracting 1,000,000 members by the end of 2012, and that it expects it will achieve the one million-member mark by the end of August. In addition, the Company reports that visitor interaction with its social media endeavors on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest has increased appreciably as a result of the increase in its membership.
The Company also reported that, in the past three months, it undertook the following initiatives:
- The Company formed Grandparents Health Plans, LLC ("GHP") which will be operated as a joint venture with Denver Management Associates, Inc. GHP expects to offer health, accident and life insurance products in over 40 states in which GHP is now authorized to do business as an independent insurance agency. GHP expects to offer Medicare Supplement insurance, individual health, long term care, life, dental, vision and other health insurance products commencing in the fall of 2012, in association with several U.S. insurance companies with whom negotiations are presently in progress.
- The Company welcomed several highly talented executives and advisors to its ranks including Ellen Breslau, former Executive Editor at Woman's Day, who serves as Senior Vice President and Editor-in-Chief; Deborah Burns, former Chief Innovation and Brands Officer at HFMUS, who serves as Director of Innovation and Brand Strategies; Joe Rutledge, former Chief Marketing Officer at Priceline.com, who serves as Chief Marketing Strategist; Laurie Meadoff, CEO of the Cancer Schmancer Foundation, as Director of Volunteer and Non-Profit Initiatives; and David Kikumoto, Chairman of Air Methods Corporation and a former CEO of Anthem Health and Blue Cross for a number of western states, as CEO of GHP. These executives and advisors bring a wealth of talent and experience from their major media and marketing relationships.
- The Company entered into an agreement with Ashe Avenue, a website development company, to develop the Company's new website. In addition, the Company entered into an agreement with theConspiracy, an App development company, to develop a mobile-based PhotoVideogram™ App, which will include photo sharing features similar to Facebook and Instagram as well as video sharing and interactive user communications. The Company expects to launch its new website and PhotoVideogram™ App on Grandparents Day, September 9, 2012.
- The Company entered into an arrangement with Dynamic Signal, a leading provider of Social CRM, Content Marketing and Consumer Engagement Solutions. Dynamic Signal's Social CRM platform will identify and rank fans, influencers and amplifiers for Grandparents.com across the social web including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter and the Blogosphere. Fans, influencers and amplifiers for Grandparents.com will be identified as "brand ambassadors" by Dynamic Signal's MarketMap and Leaderboard technology, which utilizes advanced algorithms to score and evaluate key metrics such as reach, frequency, engagement, sharing, quality, impact and earned media value.
- The Company partnered with Arkadium, a top game development company. The Company's website now features 25 of Arkadium's most popular games such as Spider Solitaire, Blackjack, Sudoku, Crossword and Word Search, as well as other choices, like the speed-matching game Eggz, the "puzzling" game Jigsaw, and the award-winning Mahjongg Dimensions.
- In its "giving back" programs, the Company established the Grand Corps™, with the purpose of promoting educational, philanthropic and charitable causes sponsored by the Company. The Company also established the American Grandparents Association™ to focus on issues facing "grand families" (those in which grandparents raise their grandchildren) and create a national forum for grandparents rights for estranged grandparents, as well a national resource for grandparents raising grandchildren.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts