Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. L.P. (together with its affiliates, “KKR”) today released its second Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) Report, detailing the firm’s commitment to responsible investing and to creating sustainable value for its private equity portfolio companies and investors. To accompany this year’s report, KKR launched a microsite accessible here: KKR 2011 ESG Report Highlights that highlights the firm’s 2011 progress on ESG-related initiatives, and will serve as a dedicated resource for stakeholders and those interested in KKR’s corporate citizenship efforts over the past year.
This year’s report outlines KKR’s progress to-date on key ESG initiatives while also providing an overview of the firm’s strategic focus - which centers on partnering with its private equity portfolio companies as well as a growing network of external partners. Highlights from the report include:
- Launched Vets @ Work initiative with the aim of recruiting and hiring veterans across KKR’s private equity portfolio companies
- Expanded the Responsible Sourcing Initiative by providing customized assessments of sourcing policies and protocols for more than 20 private equity portfolio companies
- Continued to expand the Green Portfolio Program and reported that 13 of the participating companies achieved more than $365 million in cost savings and revenue as a result of their environmental efforts. Additionally, together they avoided more 810,000 metric tons of greenhouse gas emissions, 2.2 million tons of waste, and 300 million liters of water use since 2008
- Strengthened our network of external partners and advisors on the environment, transparency, responsible sourcing, anticorruption, including a new working relationship with Transparency International
- Added two full-time professionals dedicated to managing the stakeholder relations and other ESG-related issues globally for the Firm and for KKR’s portfolio companies
“KKR is committed to maintaining the momentum of our existing ESG efforts, while also exploring innovative new programs that have the potential to add long-term, sustainable value to our investments and have a meaningful impact on the communities in which we and our portfolio companies operate,” said Ken Mehlman, Head of Global Public Affairs and a Member at KKR.
About KKRFounded in 1976 and led by Henry Kravis and George Roberts, KKR is a leading global investment firm with $62.3 billion in assets under management as of March 31, 2012. With offices around the world, KKR manages assets through a variety of investment funds and accounts covering multiple asset classes. KKR seeks to create value by bringing operational expertise to its portfolio companies and through active oversight and monitoring of its investments. KKR complements its investment expertise and strengthens interactions with investors through its client relationships and capital markets platform. KKR is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: KKR). For additional information, please visit KKR's website at www.kkr.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV