Ryland Group (RYL) is rated a Buy (4-Engine) according to ValuEngine, with 11.7% upside over the next 12 months or so. My quarterly value level is $10.49 with monthly risky level at $26.49.
Standard & Pacific (SPF) is rated a Buy (4-Engine) according to ValuEngine, with 7.5% upside potential over the next 12 months. My semiannual value level is $3.00 with my monthly risky level at 5.81.
Toll Brothers (TOL) is rated a Buy (4-Engine) according to ValuEngine, with 8.1% upside over the next 12 months or so. My quarterly value level is $18.69 with an annual risky level at $29.30.
I continue to believe that you cannot have a job-creating economic recovery without participation from the market for new homes.With the Federal Reserve describing the housing sector as "depressed" it is not contributing the 17% of economic growth as it did in almost all post-WWII recoveries. The Federal Reserve has provided numerous credit facilities to bail out Wall Street and the regional banks, but it is unwilling to provide a mortgage facility for community banks and homebuilders on Main Street. Without help, the homebuilder stocks are vulnerable. At the time of publication, the author held no shares of stocks mentioned. This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV