- Net sales and operating revenues increased 4% to $2.77 billion from $2.68 billion in the first quarter of last year.
- Used unit sales in comparable stores were flat for the quarter.
- Total used unit sales rose 3% in the first quarter.
- Total wholesale unit sales declined 2% in the first quarter.
- CarMax Auto Finance (CAF) income increased 8% to $75.2 million from $69.7 million in the prior year quarter.
- Net earnings decreased 4% to $120.7 million, or $0.52 per diluted share, compared with $125.5 million, or $0.54 per diluted share, in the first quarter of fiscal 2012.
- Net earnings were increased by $0.01 per share in the current year period and $0.03 per share in the prior year period as a result of favorable CAF loss experience.
CarMax Reports First Quarter Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.