- Net sales and operating revenues increased 4% to $2.77 billion from $2.68 billion in the first quarter of last year.
- Used unit sales in comparable stores were flat for the quarter.
- Total used unit sales rose 3% in the first quarter.
- Total wholesale unit sales declined 2% in the first quarter.
- CarMax Auto Finance (CAF) income increased 8% to $75.2 million from $69.7 million in the prior year quarter.
- Net earnings decreased 4% to $120.7 million, or $0.52 per diluted share, compared with $125.5 million, or $0.54 per diluted share, in the first quarter of fiscal 2012.
- Net earnings were increased by $0.01 per share in the current year period and $0.03 per share in the prior year period as a result of favorable CAF loss experience.
CarMax Reports First Quarter Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.