Cyanotech Corporation (Nasdaq Capital Market: CYAN), a world leader in microalgae-based, high-value nutrition and health products, today announced financial results for the fourth quarter and fiscal year 2012, ended March 31, 2012.
Fiscal Year 2012
For fiscal year 2012 compared to fiscal year 2011, revenues were $24,631,000 compared to $16,827,000. Gross profit was $9,774,000, with gross profit margin of 39.7%, compared to gross profit of $6,341,000 and gross profit margin of 37.7%. Net income was $3,632,000 or $0.66 per diluted share, compared to net income of $1,730,000 or $0.32 per diluted share.
Highlighting the fiscal year 2012 results, Brent Bailey, President and CEO, noted:
- Net sales increased $7.8 million or 46.4% over the prior year to a record $24.6 million, driven primarily by an increase in demand for astaxanthin products.
- Gross margin increased to 39.7% from 37.7%, aided by the growth in higher margin astaxanthin sales.
- Operating income increased $1.7 million or 136% to $2.9 million, driven by the net sales growth.
- Net income increased $1.9 million or 110% to $3.6 million, driven by the volume increase and a partial reversal of the valuation allowance on our deferred tax asset.
- Earnings per diluted share increased $0.34 to $0.66.
- Cash from operating activities increased $3.3 million to $5.1 million, resulting from the increased volume and non-cash items such as stock option compensation and increases in accounts payable and accrued expenses.
- Cash and cash equivalents at March 31, 2012 increased $3.0 million to $5.1 million. As a result, working capital increased $1.8 million or 29% to $8.1 million at March 31, 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV