Philip Morris International Inc.’s (NYSE / Euronext Paris: PM) senior management will offer its perspective on the company’s business outlook and long-term growth strategies at a two-day investor meeting starting today at approximately 9:00 a.m. (Swiss time) at its Operations Center in Lausanne, Switzerland.
PMI revises, for prevailing exchange rates only, its 2012 full-year reported diluted earnings per share forecast to be in a range of $5.10 to $5.20, versus $4.85 in 2011. Excluding a forecasted total unfavorable currency impact of approximately $0.25 for the full-year 2012, reported diluted earnings per share are projected to increase by approximately 10% to 12% versus adjusted diluted earnings per share of $4.88 in 2011.
Adjusted diluted earnings per share of $4.88 in 2011 is calculated as reported diluted earnings per share of $4.85, less a $0.02 per share benefit for discrete tax items, plus a $0.05 per share charge related to asset impairment and exit costs.This guidance excludes the impact of any potential future acquisitions, unanticipated asset impairment and exit cost charges, and any unusual events. Highlights of the event include: Opening remarks from Louis C. Camilleri, Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer, outlining:
- The key drivers and sustainability of the company’s strong business performance, including a forecast of solid organic growth for the full-year 2012; and
- The mid to long-term growth prospects for the business
- The global tobacco industry;
- The competitive, fiscal and regulatory landscapes;
- The roll-out of the company’s new commercial approach: and
- The company’s progress in developing Next Generation Products (NGPs), or Modified Risk Tobacco Products, including its targeted timeline for full commercialization of NGPs by 2016/2017
- The impact of recent currency movements;
- The company’s strategies to reduce working capital and to fuel further cash flow growth in the years ahead; and
- The company’s approach to continue to generously reward its shareholders through a judicious balance of dividends and share repurchases
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV