Cyberonics (CYBX): "I've been a huge backer of this company. I think it's a great speculative investment."
Am I Diversified?In the "Am I Diversified" segment, Cramer spoke with callers and responded to tweets sent via Twitter to @JimCramer to see if investors' portfolios have what it takes for today's markets. The first portfolio included: B&G Foods (BGS), Perrigo (PRGO), Spectra Energy Partners (SEP), TAL Internationall (TAL) and Brookfield Infrastructure (BIP). "Bingo," Cramer said. This portfolio is perfectly diversified. The second portfolio's top holdings included: Caterpillar (CAT), Chesapeake Energy (CHK), Cliff's Natural Resources (CLF), Aloca (AA) and Magna Int'l (MGA). Cramer suggested selling Cliff's Natural in favor of adding a health-care stock like Eli Lily (LLY). The third portfolio had: American Capital Agency (AGNC), ConEd (ED), MarkWest Energy (MWE), National Oilwell Varco (NOV) and Westport Innovations (WPRT) as its top five stocks. Cramer said this portfolio passed the test as long as MarkWest was considered as a master limited partnership. The fourth portfolio's top stocks were: Sherwin-Williams (SHW), Clorox (CLX), Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.B), Brown-Forman (BF.A) and Spectra Energy (SE). Cramer was also bullish on this portfolio for being diversified.
Mad MailIn the "Mad Mail" viewer feedback segment, Cramer followed up on Smart Balance (SMBL), a stock that stumped him in an earlier show. He said this healthy-food company would be a buy on any weakness. Cramer was less bullish on Shutterfly (SFLY), a stock he called too rich and too risky selling at 58 times next year's earnings. He was equally bearish on Allscripts Healthcare Solutions (MDRX), telling viewers they must wait two quarters after the company's horrible performance this quarter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV