Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: Don't Blame Ben
Search Jim Cramer's "Mad Money" trading recommendations using our exclusive "Mad Money" Stock Screener.
But while the market may be selling off on the news after running up ahead of that news, Cramer said the Fed chair's comments do have a silver lining.Cramer likened the U.S. economy to a good old-fashioned BBQ. He said the coals are getting warm but the wind keeps of Europe keep blowing them out. Bernanke only has one weapon, low interest rates, the equivalent of lighter fluid, to help light them up again, noted Cramer. So while many were hoping to see Bernanke throw high-octane gasoline on the grill, Cramer said the Fed's measured approach of keeping interest rates near zero does have some advantages. He said high-yielding dividend stocks are always in competition with Treasuries, which often offer similar yield with no risk. But with interest rates expected to remain near zero for at least the next few years, that leaves dividend stocks as the only game in town. That's why when Procter & Gamble (PG) pre-announced to the downside, the stock only responded slightly, said Cramer, because the stock was protected by P&G's 3.7% dividend yield. The same applies to Walgreens (WAG), a stock that got hammered Wednesday on news it's buying into a drugstore chain in Britain but seems to find a floor as shares yielded 3.8%. The Fed may only be able to stimulate the economy so much, Cramer concluded, but thanks to low interest rates, dividend stocks will remain the best place to get yield for years to come.
Trimming Tech PositionsIt's time to take profits in technology stocks and trim your positions, Cramer told viewers. That is, in tech stocks other than Apple (AAPL), a stock which Cramer owns for his charitable trust,
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV