Toronto Stock Exchange: MTG
TORONTO, June 20, 2012 /CNW/ - Timbercreek Senior Mortgage Investment Corporation (the "Fund") is pleased to announce that its board of directors has declared a monthly dividend of $0.05 per class A share of the Fund ("Class A Shares") to be paid on July 13, 2012 to holders of Class A Shares of record on June 29, 2012.
The Fund also offers a Dividend Reinvestment Plan (the "Plan") to eligible holders of Class A Shares, that provides a convenient means to purchase additional Class A Shares by reinvesting their cash dividends at a potential discount and without having to pay commissions, service charges or brokerage fees.
At the discretion of the Board of the Fund, Class A Shares for the reinvestment of distributions will be acquired in the open market at prevailing prices or issued from treasury at 95 percent of the average market price. At this time, the Board confirms that the Fund will continue to issue shares from treasury until such time as the Board elects otherwise. Class A Shares acquired under the Plan will be automatically enrolled in the Plan. Shareholders who hold their Class A Shares through a broker, financial institution or other nominee must enroll for distribution reinvestment through their nominee holder.As of June 20, 2012 there were 15,419,711 Class A Shares outstanding. About the Fund The Fund provides investors with an opportunity to receive attractive yields by investing indirectly, through holding shares of the Fund, in mortgage loan investments, comprised of first mortgages, selected and determined to be high quality by its manager, Timbercreek Asset Management Ltd. The investment objective of the Fund is, with a primary focus on capital preservation, to acquire and maintain a diversified portfolio of mortgage loan investments that generates attractive, stable returns in order to permit the Fund to pay monthly distributions to its shareholders.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV